If you are a fitness addict and struggling to go to the gym every day, try Pilates at home. But first get some basics right.
* Fundamentals of Pilates: Concentration, control, precision, breathing and flow are some of the fundamentals of Pilates. Always practice control and never use momentum.
* Precision: One of the most important principles of Pilates is that ‘practice makes it perfect’. Proper form is essential to gain the most from the Pilates exercises.
* Always start with the basics of Pilates: The basics are the foundations of Pilates. Never hesitate on going back to the basics even if you’ve reached your advanced levels.
* Always listen to your body: If something hurts then you’re definitely doing something wrong – you should never feel pain while doing Pilates.
* Have your form corrected from time to time: Pilates when done correctly offers major fitness benefits like spinal mobility, better posture, flexibility and body awareness.
* Maintain your neutral and flat spine wherever required.
* Complete your sets even with a break in between if tired.